May 30, 2020
Cape May Court House- New Jersey has 159,608 total COVID-19 positive cases and 11,634 deaths. Total positive cases of COVID-19 infection in Cape May County is now 624 including 48 deaths.
kevin l. thomas, m.a.
Public Health Coordinator
Aloysius Onwuka, M.D.
Cape May County
Department of Health
4 Moore Road
Cape May Court House, N.J. 08210-1601
(609)465-1200 after hours (609) 465-1190
Fax: (609) 463-0511
Testing is prioritized for health care workers and first responders, personnel in congregate living settings, those who have been in close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, and individuals who are experiencing CDC-recognized symptoms of COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever (at or above 99.6°F)
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
Two kinds of tests are available for COVID-19: viral tests and antibody tests.
- A viral test tells you if you have a current infection.
- An antibody test tells you if you had a previous infection.
An antibody test may not be able to show if you have a current infection, because it can take 1-3 weeks after infection to make antibodies. We do not know yet if having antibodies to the virus can protect someone from getting infected with the virus again, or how long that protection might last.
COVID-19 Testing Locations in Cape May County:
- Cape Regional Urgent Care – Cape May Court House – 609-465-6364
- Cape Regional Urgent Care – Marmora – 609-465-6364
- Cape Urgent Care – Wildwood – 609-465-6364
- Complete Care Health Network – 609-465-0258
- CVS – Seaville – 609-624-2310 – starting June 1, 2020
- Village Pharmacy – Marmora - Antibody Testing – no appt needed Monday thru Friday 9:00 am until 1:00 pm
Call your healthcare professional if you have concerns about COVID-19 and your underlying health conditions. Stay up to date on the current situation as it evolves. Some reliable sources are New Jersey Poison Information and Education System hotline at 211 or 1-800-962-1253, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov, the World Health Organization at www.who.int, the New Jersey Department of Health at COVID19.nj.gov. For additional information visit https://capemaycountynj.gov/ or Cape May County Department of Health at www.cmchealth.net, also like us on Facebook.