The novel coronavirus pandemic has impacted New Jersey with totals of more than 4,402 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 62 deaths. On March 25th, the Cape May County Department of Health reported three new cases of Covid-19: a 60-year-old female, a 54-year-old female and a 19-year-old female. Cape May County Health Department is currently reporting a total of nine Covid-19 cases throughout the County. All cases are recovering at their residence with the exception of one who is doing well at an out of County hospital.
The Cape May County Department of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID-19, which includes a comprehensive contact tracing. During case investigation, the Health Department determines which persons are close contacts, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals including isolation and quarantine.
The following is an up to date list of cases by municipality:
CURRENT COVID 19 CASES BY MUNICIPALITY
CAPE MAY CITY
CAPE MAY POINT
SEA ISLE CITY
WEST CAPE MAY
Residents should also continue to take simple steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash hands with liquid soap and water, and rubbing for at least 20 seconds, or using alcohol-based sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing;
- Stay home if you are sick;
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces
- When you have to go out for essential items practice social distancing, minimize your time out and wash your hands as soon as possible afterward
Stay up to date on the current situation as it evolves. Some reliable sources are New Jersey Poison Information and Education System hotline at 1-800-222-1222, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov, the World Health Organization at www.who.int, the New Jersey Department of Health at www.nj.gov/health . For additional information visit Cape May County Department of Health at www.cmchealth.net, also like us on Facebook.
Contact: Natalie Sendler, Director of Public Health Nursing
Phone: (609) 465-1200