- Departments A - M
- Health Department
- Community Health & Planning
Community Health & Planning
The Community Health Planning Division is involved in all types of preparedness efforts, disease surveillance and communication with the community and public health partners. One of Community Health Planning's main objectives is to offer Cape May County residents the highest degree of readiness and public health protection.
- The division is responsible for the following essential public health services and tasks:
- Communicate with the community leaders, the healthcare community, and the public during emergency situations and inform them of daily events through New Jersey Local Information Network and Communication System (NJLINCS).
- Conduct surveillance of disease trends and monitor the health status of the community to help prevent epidemics, the spread of disease, and to investigate outbreaks of disease and implement control measures.
- Coordinate the seasonal influenza vaccination program for the community.
- Develop emergency preparedness plans for bioterrorist events and/or public health disasters.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts in the event of an emergency situation
- Establish and mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems through Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP).
- Promote and encourage healthy behaviors by attending community events and distributing educational materials to the public and professionals, thereby keeping the community informed, educated, and empowered about health issues.
- Recruit and train volunteers from the professional and nonprofessional community to become available for action in an emergency involving Cape County. These volunteers are then part of the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC).
- Research innovative solutions to health issues using the newest technology available.