Vendor Licenses

The Cape May County Clerk issues Vendor Licenses for honorably discharged soldiers, sailors, marines, nurses, army field clerks and exempt firemen. The license gives the holder the right to hawk, peddle and vend merchandise within the State of New Jersey. License holders must comply with any local ordinances. License is effective only in New Jersey.

  • Applicant must be a veteran or hold a Firefighter Certificate of Exemption
  • Applicant must prove Cape May County residency and domicile
  • Be a resident of New Jersey for at least 6 months and Cape May County for 3 months
  • Exempt firefighters must present proof of Certificate of Exemption
  • Veterans must supply U.S. Military Honorable Discharge Document DD214
Legal Reference
  • N.J.S.A. 45:24-9 & c
  • No charge