The Cape May County Office of Emergency Management encourages you to add the website www.capemaycountynj.gov to your “favorites” tab on your computer. This is a website that will provide you with up to the minute reports on various emergencies in Cape May County, including storms, floods, blizzards, hurricanes, and other non-weather related emergencies including missing persons. During a prolonged emergency event, this website will continue to provide updates, photos, videos and other essential information.
This website serves to keep Cape May County residents fully updated and educated in the areas of:
- Storm and weather information
- Important Borough contact information
- Local and Regional Media outlets that provide continuous information
- Information for reacting to an emergency or an evacuation
- Traffic information, power outage maps, and helpful information videos
In addition, www.capemaycountynj.gov (select "Emergency Management" tab on left) includes links to many government websites that are designed to educate and inform residents about how to develop an emergency plan for their households. Information includes: Preparation of a supply and evacuation kit; care of the elderly, disabled, and pets; and protecting your documents.