Current Inmate Information
BE SURE YOU HAVE READ THIS PAGE FIRST BEFORE CLICKING THE LINK BELOW!
The following web page is a daily listing of all the inmates assigned to the custody of the Cape May County Correctional Center. The list is updated once per day Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Next to each inmate’s name will be basic charge and bail information that is routinely inquired about.
What you will see:
- Inmate's Name: The name of the incarcerated inmate will appear for each active charge that is filed. If an inmate has five charges his/her name will appear five times. The names are in alphabetical order according to last name.
- Age: The current age of the inmate.
- Inmate ID: This is the file number that is assigned to an inmate the first time he/she is incarcerated in the Cape May County Correctional Center. This number will remain the same for subsequent incarcerations thereafter. This number only applies to incarcerations at the Cape May County Correctional Center. The inmate’s ID number should be used when writing the inmate and when scheduling visits.
- Committed Date: The date which the inmate was committed for the current incarceration only. We will not list the incarceration history of the inmate on the website.
- Committing Authority: The agency that issued the warrant or charge.
- Charges: The original charge issued by the committing authority as it appears on the charging documents. As the charges are satisfied, either by paying the bail, an order from the associated court or completion of a sentence, the charge will be removed from the website on the next update.
- Detainer Amount: The current bail status of the detainer. A detainer is a Bail on any warrant that was issued outside of Cape May County. The inmate will be transported to that jurisdiction's County Jail when he/she has completed all court matters and sentences within Cape May County. See Bail Amount for more information.
- Detainer: A charge that is from an agency outside of Cape May County. You will have to call Jail Records to obtain bail information, if any.
- Bail Amount: The current bail status of the charge. Bail for each indictable charge is subject to a $50.00 non-refundable fee required by the State of New Jersey. This fee is not reflected on the bail amount displayed. While the information provided is updated daily, it should not be relied upon if someone wants to post bail for the inmate. We ask that all bail information be confirmed with Jail Records, by calling
and follow the prompts to Jail Records, prior to posting a bail. 609-465-1233
** Remember, If you are going to pay bail for an inmate, all monies posted must be exact change. We do not have change nor can we "Just keep the extra".
- A $0.00 amount shown in the Bail Amount / Detainer Amount columns can mean several things:
- the bail will be set within 24 hours or;
- the charge is a no bail warrant and the inmate must appear in court before the judge or;
- the inmate has been sentenced to serve time in State Prison, the County Correctional Center or an Alternative to Incarceration Program.
Click here to proceed to the Inmate List.