- Departments N - Z
- Cape May County Fishing Tournament
Cape May County Fishing Tournament
(Apply to All Tournaments Conducted by the Cape May County Department of Tourism)
1. Tournament closes DECEMBER 31 of the current year.
2. Tournament is open to anyone catching a fish in Cape May County waters (Atlantic Ocean, Delaware Bay off Cape May County or inland waterways and bays of the County.) Captain or any employee of a commercial or party fishing boat or anyone who offers his fish for sale; Weighmasters or any individual connected with the tournament are not eligible for prizes, but may be eligible for marlin release or recognition awards for fish caught and entered in the tournament.
3. Entry blanks may be obtained from any of the Weigh-masters listed in this folder. To enter the tournament, obtain an entry blank, fill it out completely, sign it and Weighmasters will mail the entries. Entries must be postmarked within seven (7) days from the date the fish is caught. Entry blank must be filled out completely or it will not be considered in the judging.
4. Whenever possible, a photograph should be submitted with the entry to aid in judging. If the photograph is suitable, it will be used for newspaper, magazine and TV promotion. Contestants agree to such use if photograph is submitted.
5. Prizes will be awarded by a Committee of Judges immediately after the close of the contest. In case of a tie, duplicate prizes will be awarded. Tackle Prizes limited to three (3) per contest year. In any event the decision of the Judges will be final. All entries, photos, etc., become property of the Fishing Tourney Committee, and will not be returned to anyone.
6. Extra large fish should be considered for World’s Record (all species). For information concerning this and general information about Cape May County Fishing Tournament write Cape May County Fishing Tourney. Box 365, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210 or phone 609-463-6415 weekdays, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
See flyer for additional information and weigh stations: Contest Rules, Regulations & Weigh Stations